Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Fairies of Light - J.E. Hanson

 

This book starts off with Rosalie as a five year old girl. A social worker found her at the bottom of a closet as a baby. Due to tragic circumstances, she was reunited with her family as a five year old child. What happened to Rosalie as a baby? What happened to her parents? Will Rosalie ever find true happiness? Join us for the second book in the series with cameo appearances from your favorite Vampire Enforcers and Jeannie Justice from book 1.

ISBN : 978-1500273422   First Published : 2014   Genre : Fiction/Fantasy

.......................................................................................................................................

Okay ... I persevered with this book. It started off well .... and my heart was breaking for Rosalie .... she had a very rough start in life and seemed to be getting handed from family to family, only for the money they could get for taking her in, not for their care, concern or passion for her. Once rescued and taken back to her true home (Avalon) where she finds out that she is a Fairie and Royalty, her life begins a massive transformation, and she finds happiness and some sense of what it feels like to be loved by family. 

Settled - fast forward from a 5 year old returned to her true home - to a 16year old spoiled brat ... I didn't expect Rosalie to remain totally innocent and nice all the time, but she developed a rotten foul mouth, foul attitude and seemed to care only about what she wanted and I felt let down. The story line seemed to lose itself amongst all of that ... and I began to feel like I was reading an entirely different book.

Going through that stage of Rosalie - to the new Rosalie who is falling in love with Spike (who is really .... I am not going to tell you - you have to read the book to find out), the story then takes a slightly more adult turn ... to the endless attraction to Spike, the intimacy, and at one point it felt like it also was a seperate book. 

I finished this - don't know that I want to read the 3rd book though ... I felt like the writing lacked consistency - the style of writing seemed to change... and I felt at times like there was a lack of really confirming who was being written about. Characters became 'he' or 'she' ... at one point I had to backtrack to work out who 'she' was ... finally got it.

I finished this book but could have put it down ....

RATING : ♥ ♥ 

No comments: