Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber


First Published in 2003 
Reprinted in 2010 by Pier 9
ISBN : 978-1-742-66021-9
Paperback : 196 pages

A new guy in town.
Rumors of vampires.
Dangerous first love.
This is where it all begins. . . .

The mansion on top of Benson Hill has stood empty for years. But one day it seems to be occupied, and its mysterious, handsome inhabitant Alexander Sterling becomes the source of much talk around town. Raven, a vampire-obsessed Goth-girl who has always considered herself an outsider in "Dullsville," is determined to uncover the truth surrounding the secretive Alexander. As she gets to know him, and their spark intensifies, Raven finds herself in some unanticipated situations. Can Alexander make her lifelong dream come true? But love always has its complications—especially when it can only be awakened at nightfall.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I don't know how to rate this book - I started and finished it all within 2 hours, and ended up with a let down feeling. There was no confirmation - was Alexander a vampire or not? Is he coming back - or is Raven going to take off to find him? Really - come on don't leave me hanging!

I found that the majority of this book seemed to centre around the relationship between Raven and Trevor. Alexander and Raven didn't really meet/talk/connect/touch until 3/4 of the way through the book - and I found when I finished that I thought WOW well I am not going to bother with the rest of the series ... I truly felt let down.

I know these books are aimed at teenagers/YA ... and anything to get them reading books is a definite plus, but I feel the only way to clarify if I really want to keep reading the series is to go out and buy the 2nd book. I am a huge fan of Ellen's ... but truly for me, this book didn't deliver.
Guess the only way I will really know is to go and part with more money - just to see if this series is going to grab me or not. I hope so

RATING : ♥ ♥

(sorry)

No comments: