- 2012 (7)
- 2011 (28)
- 2010 (136)
: MY RAMBLINGS :
I have been known to hate a movie and others love it - and vice versa ... that's what makes us all unique and wonderful - we all have our own opinion, likes and dislikes!
If you are an author or publisher ... I would love to review your book! I read all genres, and would review all books in a reasonable time frame. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My TOP CHICK FLICKS
3 - Twilight
4 - New Moon
5 - Because I Said So
6 - 27 Dresses
7 - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
8 - Dirty Dancing
9 - Pretty Woman
10 - Sleepless in Seattle
11 - Never Been Kissed
12 - A Walk to Remember
13 - The Notebook
I never ever get tired of watching any of these movies ...
: TO READ LIST :
* Good Grief by Lolly Winston
* Devilish by Maureen Johnson
* Lord of the Changing Winds by Rachel Neumeier
* Shadowspell by Jenna Black
* Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
* The Line by Teri Hall
* Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between by J.A. Saare
* A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks
* Night of the Living Dead by E.J. Copperman
* The Widow's Season by Laura Brodie
*13 to Life by Shannon Delaney
* Bitten by Kelly Armstrong
* The Otherworld Series by Yasmine Galenorn
* City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
* City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
* City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
* Shadow of the Sun by Laura Kreitzer
* Hearts at Stake by
* Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey (June 2010)
* Misguided Angels by Melissa de la Cruz (October 2010)
* Night Star by Alyson Noel
* Ghost Town by Rachel Caine
: FREE BOOKS :
: FAVORITE PLACES :
: LABELS :
- ▼ May (4)
Lillie St. Claire is a Talent, one of the rare few who can permanently dispatch the spirits of the dead that walk the earth. Her skills are in demand in a haunted country, where a plague of ghosts is becoming a civic nuisance.
Those skills bring her into conflict with frightened citizens who view Talents as near-demons. Her husband comes to see her as a Freak; so when Nathan dies after a car crash, she is relieved to be free of his increasingly vicious presence. Lillie expects to be haunted by Nathan's ghost, but not to become Suspect #1 for her husband's murder and reanimation.
But what's most surprising of all is the growing attraction between her and psi-crime detective John Thresher. He thinks that Lillie killed Nathan--and Nathan must agree, because his zombie is seeking revenge. Now she and Thresher must work together to solve her husband's murder--before his corpse kills her...
The cover of this book first grabbed my attention - and when I started reading it, I was captivated = for awhile. I think Lillie is strong and vulnerable at the same time - I don't feel that she is like your typical heroine you find in most stories, that tend to be more grit and toughness than showing their vulnerable side.
I found at times that this story lost me - there were pages that I couldn't remember reading - my eyes just wandered over the pages as I got a little bored with the story.
You may read this and disagree with me - but I did enjoy the undertones of a love story ... and would like to see where the author takes Lillie in the future
With time on her hands, Ruby soon finds herself at a seminar for those who are Hyper-Auto-Aware, a condition she never knew existed, run by the Jaasmyn Empire, a company she's never heard of. To Ruby's astonishment, and that of those who know her, she is offered a job.
- Hi everyone .. I'm Denny. I am mum to 4 wonderful kids, wife to Mark, & grandma to Harlow & Amity. I am a PSP Junkie, read-a-holic, and movie buff. Believe me ... that is more than enough to keep me busy! Self Admitted Twilight and Bon Jovi addict - and that isn't a bad thing .. hehe. I lose hours in books ... all types, and love nothing better than reading till all hours of the night. Movies - yep ... you should see my collection - I love them all - Arthouse, Chick Flicks, Comedies, Suspense, you name it. Also a confirmed Facebook junkie! Do I sound like I need help? Well, stay tuned ... follow me around, and it might just rub off!
: Recommended to Me :
Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford
Lodestone Book One: The Sea of Storms by Mark Whiteway
Death With Interruptions by Jose Saramago
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Read Sea by Heidi R. Kling
Vital Signs by Robin Cook
Sarum by Edward Rutherford
The Samurai's Garden by Gail Tsukiyama
The Cabinet of Curiosities by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
Red Demon by Deidre Knight
The Secret River by Kate Grenville
Saving Ceecee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
Theater Illuminata series (Eyes Like Stars and Perchance to Dream) by Lisa Mantchev
The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith
My name is Memory by Ann Brashares
My Sister's Voice by Mary Carter
Beatrice and Virgil by Yann Martel