Search

Loading...

: MY RAMBLINGS :

All the postings here reflect my opinion or ratings (books/movies) ... I ask everyone to watch a movie and make up your own mind - the same with a book ... don't just take my word for it!

I have been known to hate a movie and others love it - and vice versa ... that's what makes us all unique and wonderful - we all have our own opinion, likes and dislikes!

RATINGS :
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ = Excellent Read - do yourself a favor
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ = Good Read - you won't be disappointed
♥ ♥ ♥ = Not Bad Read - chill out and unwind
♥ ♥ = Okay Read - if you have nothing else
♥ = YAWN - don't bother :(

REVIEWS :
If you are an author or publisher ... I would love to review your book! I read all genres, and would review all books in a reasonable time frame. You can contact me at dennypsp@hotmail.com

My TOP CHICK FLICKS

1 - Breaking Dawn
2 - Eclipse
3 - Twilight
4 - New Moon
5 - Because I Said So
6 - 27 Dresses
7 - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
8 - Dirty Dancing
9 - Pretty Woman
10 - Sleepless in Seattle
11 - Never Been Kissed
12 - A Walk to Remember
13 - The Notebook

I never ever get tired of watching any of these movies ...

: TO READ LIST :

* Before I fall by Lauren Oliver
* Good Grief by Lolly Winston
* Devilish by Maureen Johnson
* Lord of the Changing Winds by Rachel Neumeier
* Shadowspell by Jenna Black
* Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
* The Line by Teri Hall
* Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between by J.A. Saare
* A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks
* Night of the Living Dead by E.J. Copperman
* The Widow's Season by Laura Brodie
*13 to Life by Shannon Delaney
* Bitten by Kelly Armstrong
* The Otherworld Series by Yasmine Galenorn
* City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
* City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
* City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

* Shadow of the Sun by Laura Kreitzer
* Hearts at Stake by
Alyxandra Harvey
* Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey (June 2010)
* Misguided Angels by Melissa de la Cruz (October 2010)
* Night Star by Alyson Noel
* Ghost Town by Rachel Caine

: CURRENTLY READING :

: CURRENTLY READING :
The Sweet Scent of Blood by Suzanne McLeod

: LABELS :

Amazon SearchBox

Saturday, November 6, 2010

postheadericon :Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer:


First Published in 2008 in Great Britain by Atom
Paperback - 702 pages
ISBN : 978-1-905654-30-7

When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give, how could you not give it? If it was someone you truly loved?

To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, a tumultuous year of temptation, loss, and strife have led her to the ultimate turning point. Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or to pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fates of two tribes hangs.

Now that Bella has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating, and unfathomable, consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella's life--first discovered in Twilight, then scattered and torn in New Moon and Eclipse--seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed... forever?

The astonishing, breathlessly anticipated conclusion to the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn illuminates the secrets and mysteries of this spellbinding romantic epic that has entranced millions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finally ... the last book in the Twilight Saga ... and a totally brilliant way to finish the story. We all know what a phenomenon this story has turned into ... and how Edward Cullen is adored by everyone ... well just about! But we should really remember, this is Bella's story ... from the very beginning, she has overcome every hurdle thrown at her, to be with the man she loves - Edward Cullen. And she has succeeded.

Bella has grown ... and it shows more than ever in this book. Emotional struggles - the way she is prepared to sacrifice her life for her unborn child, and the thought of having to send her away to save her life, while she, along with all the Cullens, and their witnesses may perish at the hands of the Volturi.

I found myself swooning when I was reading about the wedding, and even more so when they reached Isle Esme (I am really looking forward to those scenes in the movie!) and could totally understand her possessiveness over her baby, and her fears.

Travelling on the journey with Bella, it is nice to see her be more positive about herself, especially when her special talent (shield) is given a name and she is taught how to use it.

Bella and Edward ... 4 books long, but not long enough for all the die hard Twilight fans, me included. Undying love, self sacrifice ... it's in all the books ... personally, I could have kept reading another 4 books ... and totally wish that Stephenie would finish off MIDNIGHT SUN ....

In case you hadn't noticed ... I haven't rated any of the Twilight Books ... cos for me (even New Moon) they all get a 10/10 ... but I guess you would have thought that anyway.


NOTE : I have heard and read alot of rumblings over the last few years that this is just another romance, where everyone lives happily ever after ... blah blah blah. And I even have one friend who has refused to read the books because of that!

All I can say is this ... happily ever after is what we all spend our entire life searching for ... so no one should have been surprised that is how the saga finished. If it had ended with the death of Bella and Edward trying to kill himself because he couldn't live without her, everyone would be debating "If only Bella had lived .. that would have been a better way to end the story"


0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Denny
Hi everyone .. I'm Denny. I am mum to 4 wonderful kids, wife to Mark, & grandma to Harlow & Amity. I am a PSP Junkie, read-a-holic, and movie buff. Believe me ... that is more than enough to keep me busy! Self Admitted Twilight and Bon Jovi addict - and that isn't a bad thing .. hehe. I lose hours in books ... all types, and love nothing better than reading till all hours of the night. Movies - yep ... you should see my collection - I love them all - Arthouse, Chick Flicks, Comedies, Suspense, you name it. Also a confirmed Facebook junkie! Do I sound like I need help? Well, stay tuned ... follow me around, and it might just rub off!
View my complete profile

: Recommended to Me :

The Bridgerton Series by Julia Quinn
Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford
Lodestone Book One: The Sea of Storms by Mark Whiteway
Death With Interruptions by Jose Saramago
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Read Sea by Heidi R. Kling
Vital Signs by Robin Cook
Sarum by Edward Rutherford
The Samurai's Garden by Gail Tsukiyama
The Cabinet of Curiosities by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
Red Demon by Deidre Knight
The Secret River by Kate Grenville
Saving Ceecee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
Theater Illuminata series (Eyes Like Stars and Perchance to Dream) by Lisa Mantchev
The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith
My name is Memory by Ann Brashares
My Sister's Voice by Mary Carter
Beatrice and Virgil by Yann Martel

: BLOG BUTTON :

Denz Ramblings
(Thanks Jackie)

: Followers :